Here you can allocate a password for a safe. Click on the ADD button.
Now enter the password you want in the dialog box that appears under Password and Repeat password. The password is only accepted if both entries are identical. This is intended to prevent you from e.g. making a mistake that you cannot reproduce when allocating a password.
Click on ADD to activate the password.
If you then select this password and click on the Authorization button, you have the following settings options:
- Execute Autostart: Every safe contains a directory called Autostart. If this option remains set to Yes, all executable files located there will be automatically started when the safe is opened.
- Open in "Read only" mode: A user who logs on using the read only access method will not be able to save or change files stored in the safe. He/she can only read it.
- Open as removable medium: The G DATA software opens file safes in Explorer as local hard disks. Check this option if you want the safe to be displayed as a removable data carrier in the system.
- Shared usage: Selecting this option enables shared use of the safe directory for other computers in the network. Alert: With this setting you can access the safe without needing to enter a password. At this point we recommend you think carefully about shared use of the safe. Shared usage of the safe for all network participants does not make sense at this point because the data would be accessible to everyone.
- Close safe after user log off: This option should generally be enabled because, if the safe stays open after the user logs off, other users can see the contents of the safe.
- Auto safe: All safes with this attribute can be opened with one command.
When you have finished configuring the settings, click NEXT.