The following information and settings options for the selected network will be displayed in this overview:
- About network: This is where you can find information about the network, such as – where available – the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS and WINS server.
- Firewall enabled on this network: You can use this option to disable the firewall's network protection, but you should only do this in specially justified circumstances.
- Internet connection sharing: If your system connects directly to the Internet, you can specify whether all computers on the network should have access to the Internet via a computer connected to the Internet or not. This Internet connection sharing (ICS) can usually be enabled for a home network.
- Enable automatic configuration (DHCP): When you connect your computer to a network, a dynamic IP address is assigned (via DHCP = Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). You should leave this option checked if you are connected to the network using this default configuration.
- Rule set: You can very quickly choose from predefined rule sets and determine whether, in terms of firewall monitoring, you are dealing with a network which can be e.g. trusted, not trusted, or should be blocked. Clicking the Edit rule set button gives you the option of configuring rule sets individually. Please also refer to the section Creating rule sets.