PatchManager - Overview
The Status overview panel provides a detailed view of patches and their deployment status within the network. It lists all of the available patches, alphabetically, once for every client. The extensive list lets you check whether clients have been provided with all relevant patches and allows you to directly schedule patch deployment. A set of charts shows at-a-glance information about pending patches and can be used to quickly assess whether there are any important patches that need to be installed.
By default, the list of patches is grouped by Status, Priority, Vendor and Product, to quickly assess whether essential patches have been installed yet or not. The default display filter settings exclude full software installers from the list, as well as any blocked entries. Click Reset all filters to reset the display filter. Patches that replace a previous patch can be expanded: click the plus sign to display all superseded patches.
Per patch and client, several types of patching jobs can be planned. Right-click one or more patches and select one of the following options:
- Check patches for applicability: Plan a job that checks if the selected patches apply to the selected client(s) using the Patch applicability job window.
- Install patches: Plan a job that installs one or more patches on the selected client(s) using the Software distribution window.
- Rollback: Plan a rollback job for patches that have already been deployed to the selected client(s) using the Rollback window.
- Block patches: Block one or more patches that should not be distributed to clients. Blocked patches will be ignored when carrying out automated applicability and distribution jobs. When manually planning an applicability or distribution job, blocked patches are hidden by default.
- Unblock patches: Unblock one or more patches.
- Properties: View more information, including a full description and license.
The Status column displays the status of every patch and its planned or running patching jobs (e.g. Scanning while a job is being carried out or Not applicable when the patch does not apply).