PatchManager - Patch configuration
The Patch configuration panel lists all available patches and lets you configure them. A set of charts shows statistics about patches, products, and vendors.
By default, the list of patches is grouped by Vendor, Product and Priority, allowing you to quickly find patches by product. The default display filter settings exclude full software installers from the list, as well as any blocked entries. Click Reset all filters to reset the display filter. Patches that replace a previous patch can be expanded: click the plus sign to display all superseded patches.
Per patch, several types of patch jobs can be planned. Right-click one or more patches and select one of the following options:
- Check patches for applicability: Plan a job that checks if the selected patch(es) apply to client(s) using the Patch applicability job window.
- Install patches: Plan a job that installs one or more patches on client(s) using the Software distribution window.
- Block patches: Block one or more patches that should not be distributed to clients. Blocked patches will be ignored when carrying out automated applicability and distribution jobs. When manually planning an applicability or distribution job, blocked patches are hidden by default.
- Unblock patches: Unblock one or more patches.
- Properties: View more information, including a full description and license.
The Priority column displays the priority of every patch. The default priority is based on the PatchManager database, but can be edited (Low, Normal, or High).