Clients - Overview
From the Overview panel, you obtain an overview of all managed clients and can also simultaneously carry out any client administration. Using the Security status column, you can easily keep track of every client's current security status.
To manage the clients, you can use the following options from the toolbar above the list:
- Delete: Remove a client from the Clients list. As this option does not uninstall G DATA Security Client from the client, it should only be used for client machines that have already been decommissioned or removed from the network. If an active client is inadvertently removed from the list, it will reappear upon its next connection to ManagementServer (group-specific settings, however, are lost).
- Update virus signatures now: Updates the virus database on the client with current signatures from G DATA ManagementServer.
- Update virus signatures automatically: Enables automatic updating of the virus database. Clients periodically check whether updated virus signatures are available on G DATA ManagementServer and run an automatic update.
- Update program files now: Updates the program files on the client with the current files from G DATA ManagementServer. A client reboot may be necessary after updating the program files.
- Update program files automatically: Enables automatic updating of program files. Clients periodically check whether a new version is available on G DATA ManagementServer and execute an automatic update.
- Installation overview
You can display various columns in the overview, for more tips and explanations on operation, see G DATA Administrator Controls.
The Heartbeat is a tool to find communication failures. If the Heartbeat fails, the client is switched off or has no network connection, for example. If the Heartbeat is present but the client is not loading signature or program updates, there is a communication problem with the ManagementServer.
The Heartbeat is always activated from version 15.1. It is displayed when it is selected in Select columns.
Right-clicking on a client gives you the following options
- Install G DATA Security Client
- Install G DATA Security Client for Linux
- Uninstall G DATA Security Client
- Installation overview
- Reset to default: Reset the security settings for the selected client(s) to the group settings.
- Move clients: This function allows you to move the selected client(s) to an existing group. After selecting this function, a dialog window displays all existing groups. To move a client to a group, select the group and click OK.
- Assign G DATA server: While you have the option of assigning specific subnet servers to clients with the function Servers > Overview, you can also select a subnet server for individual clients.
- Update virus signatures now
- Update virus signatures automatically
- Update program files now
- Update program files automatically
- Reboot after program update: Define what should happen after client program file updates:
- Open message box on client: Inform the user that they should restart his/her client computer at a convenient time.
- Create report: Create a report in the Security events module.
- Force reboot: Automatically force a restart.
- Delete (only in the context menu)
- Authorize (only in the context menu): Authorize the selected client(s). In order to prevent unauthorized access to the ManagementServer, clients that are deployed through a local installation need to be authorized before they are fully served.
- Remove Authorization As of version 15.1, it is possible to remove the authorization of a client.
- Properties (only in the context menu): Display properties for the selected client (General, Network info, Security risks and Hardware).