Client-settings - Email
Virus protection for email can be set up on every G DATA Security Client. The default ports for the POP3, IMAP, and SMTP protocols will be monitored. Additionally, a special plugin for Microsoft Outlook automatically checks all incoming email for viruses and prevents infected email from being sent.
The Incoming email section defines options for scanning incoming emails.
- Reaction to infected files: Specify the action to be taken if an infected file is detected. There are various options here that may or may not be suitable, depending on what the respective client is used for.
- Check received email for viruses: By enabling this option, all emails that the client receives will be checked for viruses.
- Check unread email at program startup (Microsoft Outlook only): This option is used to scan emails for viruses that the client may receive while it is offline. All unread email in your Inbox folder and subfolders are checked as soon as you open Outlook.
- Attach report to received infected emails: As soon as one of the emails sent to the client contains a virus, you will receive the following message in the body of this email beneath the actual email text WARNING! This mail contains the following virus followed by the name of the virus. In addition, you will find a [VIRUS] notification before the actual subject. If you enabled the option Delete text/attachment, you will also be notified that the infected part of the email was deleted.
The Outgoing email section defines options for scanning outgoing emails.
- Check email before sending: To make sure that you do not send out any infected emails, the G DATA software offers the option of checking outgoing emails for viruses before sending them. If an email actually contains a virus, the message The mail [subject header] contains the following virus: [virus name] is displayed and the relevant email is not sent.
- Attach report to outgoing emails: A report is displayed in the body of each outgoing email below the actual mail text. It reads Virus checked by G DATA ANTIVIRUS, provided that you have enabled the Check email before sending option. G DATA engine version info and virus news can also be added (Engine version/Virus news).
The Scan options section configures the scan parameters for incoming and outgoing emails.
- Use engines: The G DATA software works with two independently operating virus scanning engines. Using both engines guarantees optimum results for preventing viruses. Using just one engine can have performance advantages.
- OutbreakShield: OutbreakShield detects and neutralizes threats from malicious programs in mass emails before the relevant up-to-date virus signatures become available. OutbreakShield uses the Internet to monitor increased volumes of suspicious emails, closing the window between a mass mail outbreak and its containment with specially adapted virus signatures, practically in real time. Under Edit, you can specify whether OutbreakShield uses additional signatures to increase detection performance. In addition, you can enter access data here for the Internet connection or a proxy server, which allows OutbreakShield to carry out an automatic signature download from the Internet.
The Warnings section configures warning messages for recipients of infected emails.
- Notify user when a virus has been found: Recipients of an infected message will automatically be notified through a virus warning pop-up.
Outlook protection enables email scans using an integrated plugin.
- Protect Microsoft Outlook with an integrated plugin: Activation of this function inserts a new function in the client's Outlook program under the Tools menu, called Scan folder for viruses. Regardless of the G DATA Administrator settings, an individual client user can scan the currently selected email folder for viruses. In the email display window, you can use Check email for viruses in the Tools menu to run a virus check of the file attachments. When the process has been completed, an information screen appears in which the result of the virus check is summarized. Here you can see whether the virus analysis was completed successfully, get information about the number of emails and attachments scanned and about any read errors, as well as any viruses found, and how they were dealt with.
By default, the standard ports for POP3 (110), IMAP (143) and SMTP (25) are monitored. If your system's port settings are different, you can customize the settings accordingly.
Outlook Protection enables email scans in Outlook using an integrated plug-in.
Protect Microsoft Outlook with an integrated plug-in: When this function is activated, a new function called Scan folder for viruses is added to the client's Outlook in the Tools menu.
Regardless of the G DATA Administrator settings, the user of the individual client can scan the currently selected mail folder for viruses. Right-click on the folder to be scanned. Select G DATA at the bottom of the menu and then Check for viruses.