Tasks - Software distribution jobs
To distribute applicable patches to clients or groups, you can define a software distribution job. Software distribution jobs can be managed and scheduled using the Planning options:
- Immediately: The software distribution job will be run immediately.
- Immediately after the boot process: The software distribution job will be run after the nextboot.
- Immediat ely after logging in: The software distribution job will be run after the next time anend user logs in to the client.
- Only load at specified time: Schedule the job to be run at a specific time (the other scheduling options will not come into effect until this point in time has been reached).
- Load with delay: Schedule a delay in starting the job. That way, the boot process and distribution job won't influence client performance at the same time.
If the Software distribution job is being planned from PatchManager's Status overview module, the job applies to the patch and clients that were selected there. If it is being planned from the Patch configuration module, you need to select the client(s) on which the patch should be installed. If it is being planned from the Tasks module, you need to select the patch(es) that need to be installed - they will be installed on the currently selected group or client.